Travelling to the Rest of the World
Travelling outside of the EU list of countries will mean a long journey for your pet; their health, safety, and comfort are paramount.
At Travel Vet, all our Vets are Official Veterinarians (OV) and highly experienced when it comes to exporting pets. We can advise you on the process from start to finish, and provide the necessary documentation, tests, and treatment, to get your pet ready and ‘fit to travel’.
We are experienced in following complicated protocols for testing and treatments required by some countries/destinations. eg Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Jamaica.
The Travel Vet practice is conveniently situated next to London Heathrow Airport. We can also assist you with last-minute documentation and pet treatment requests, as well as emergency veterinary care before departure and on arrival.
Requirements for travelling to non-EU countries:
We recommend that you research the requirements for exporting your pet to a destination outside of the EU well in advance of your travel dates. For some countries with strict requirements, you may need to start preparing for your pet’s departure eight months in advance.
Our Pet Travel Vets can help you with all of this:
- You will need to get an export health certificate (EHC) and complete an export application form (EXA) if you are in England, Scotland or Wales.
- The export health certificate checks (via a Vet) that your pet meets the health requirements of the country you are travelling to. You must nominate an Officially Veterinarian (OV) who will be sent the EHC i.e. Travel Vet.
- The EHC and EXA form for each country and pet will tell you how to apply: www.gov.uk/export-health-certificates
- Most countries may also require an import permit issued from their own health authorities. You may be required to comply with certain customs procedures when your pet arrives at the destination airport.
Your pet will need to be exported in an IATA approved crate if it is to travel in the hold of the plane and possibly require a pet shipping agent to book flights for you. Some countries require your pet to be quarantined on arrival. Preparation and good advice is key to making your pets journey as smooth as possible
Why choose Travel Vet for your pet’s next trip
As well as being Pet Travel Specialists who prioritise your pet’s health and wellbeing, with Travel Vet you will also benefit from our:
- Caring & compassionate team of certified Official Veterinarians (OV)
- Convenient location next to London Heathrow Airport and on M25 route to Dover
- Many years’ experience and up-to-date knowledge of the pet travel industry
- Close links with pet shipping specialists who provide door-to-door transport & shipping services
- Experienced in following complicated protocols for testing and treatments required by some countries/destinations. eg Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Jamaica
- Promise to always do our best to ensure you can see the same vet you first spoke to, who will be familiar with your requirements and can provide a seamless ‘next step’ in your travel plans