Pet Travel - services & advice
Booking pet travel can be daunting, especially the first time. Choosing the right veterinarian to help you can make all the difference.
Travel Vet is an independent veterinary practice specialising in pet travel. All our Vets are Official Veterinarians (OV), meaning they have the necessary qualifications and expertise to assist you with overseas pet travel.
Our priorities are the health & wellbeing of your pet, and making sure the booking process and journey are as stress-free as possible, for both you and your pet. We will work closely with you to ensure your pet is as happy, healthy, and relaxed as they can be before their journey. Your pet is incredibly special to us too, and we will care for them as if they were our own.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss your pet’s upcoming trip, our Vets will be happy to help so please get in touch. Contact us
Where are you travelling to?
Read information about the requirements for the country or countries you are travelling to:
Our Pet Travel & Export services include:
- Worldwide pet travel advice
- Preparing travel documentation and acquiring any relevant permits
- Pre-travel vet health checks and tests
- Veterinary treatments
- Official crate sealing
- Callout service for last-minute treatment and travel documentation requests, and for veterinary emergencies
- Veterinary care for pets arriving at Heathrow Animal Reception Centre, and those transported to local quarantine facilities and Pet Hotels
- Pre-flight document checks when using official pet shipping agents to spot and address any potential problems before your pet is due to depart – learn more.
Pet Travel Consultations at Travel Vet
When you book a pet travel consultation with us, we want to put you and your pet at ease.
Our experienced Travel Vets have been helping pet owners fly and sail their pets to countries all over the world for many years. We’ll take care of your pet’s travel needs so you can focus on your own.
This is what will happen in your travel consultation:
- A full health check is performed to check that your pet is ‘fit to travel’ and free from contagious disease. Any underlying health problems that could be affected by travel or stress will be discussed with you.
- We will provide you with recommendations for travel crates and getting pets used to them. We work alongside several pet shipping agents.
- We can also help with anxious pets to provide solutions for them to travel more comfortably.
- The relevant export health documents are completed.
- Any parasite treatments or blood tests needed are completed either at the same appointment or a follow-up appt.
Please note: If Travel Vet is not your regular veterinary practice, we may need to obtain your pet’s medical history notes from your own vet practice. Please bring your pet’s vaccination card with you if you have one.
If you are not close enough to our Staines-upon-Thames vet practice to visit with your pet prior to your trip, we can provide advice and guidance on the tests and treatments required alongside your local vet.